To install the PaperCut software, please see the instructions below.
- First, paste the link: smb://printers.solidlives.local/PCClient/mac/ into Safari, selecting allow. When asked, enter solidlives\username and your password to authenticate.
- Once on the server, select client-local-install at the top of the list to start the installer. If you're having trouble launch the application try Ctrl+Click to launch, or see the article about allowing unsigned apps to run on Mac.
- Follow the prompts and wait, letting the installer run, until you see the login screen, then exit out of it by selecting Cancel.
- Next, open System Preferences and go to Accounts, then with your account selected, select the "Login Items" tab.
- Press the + symbol on the bottom and add PCClient on startup.
- After you've finished, you can continue setting up your printer from step 2 using the instructions here.
Note: If you have a problem running the client-local-install application, you can alternatively copy the PCClient app from the server to the Applications folder on your Mac. After you copy the application, launch PCClient. If you're having trouble launch the application try Ctrl+Click to launch, or see the article about allowing unsigned apps to run on Mac. After launching, continue from step 4.