To find your network or wireless printer on Windows will sometimes be an easy process, but at times will take an extra step. For more instruction see below.
- While installing your network or wireless printer, Windows should automatically find your printer. If it doesn't, select "The printer that I want isn't listed".
- Once selected, choose "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname" and enter the following information:
- Device type:Autodetect
- Hostname or IP address:your IP address
- Port name:leave unaltered
- Query the printer and automatically...:Enable
*ProTip: To find your printer's IP address, browse your printer's menu if it has one or, print out a "Network Configuration Sheet", which will have the IP address on it as well. See manufacturer's guide for more information.