To change a computer name on a Windows, follow the instructions below.
- First, search for My Computer, or get to it by selecting Start->My Computer.
- Then, right click and select Properties to open the System Properties window.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the "Computer Name" tab, for Windows Vista and later, select the Change Settings button towards the center of the right side of the window.
- From there, select change and enter the Computer name into the first field in the window.
- That's it! You have now changed the computer name on a Windows.