To create a network location on Windows, see the instructions below.
- First, open Computer (aka My Computer) by opening the Start Menu or using the search tool.
- Once in the Computer window, launch the Add Network Location wizard by right clicking on an open space within the window and select Add a Network location.
- Once the wizard has opened, select next twice, following the prompts.
- You will now need to enter the path to the file on the network you are wanting to add. Do so using the following pattern: \\servername\foldername.
- Once the path has been entered, give a name for your Network Location, such as "Quickbooks Folder" and select next, then finish to finish setup.
- That's it, you have now added a network location on your Windows!